[X4U] Dat file extension

Terence Cozad tcozad at covad.net
Thu Mar 13 10:56:24 PDT 2008

If I can jump in. I frequently get these from people who save from Outlook
for Windows. When they have the standard encoding on it cannot be read
except by someone else with Outlook (not Outlook Express).
My solution is to use MacLink Plus and it has opened the files every time.
It has to convert them to their native docs.
The other solution is to have the Outlook person (if that is the source)
turn off encoding and send the file unencoded.
But, MacLink Plus has never let me down.
Terry