[X4U] Dat file extension

Terence Cozad tcozad at covad.net
Thu Mar 13 11:57:56 PDT 2008

You could be correct. I have also seen though an email with a large
attachment that my mac translated to a pict file???
If I remember it was something like pict.dat? Cant remember exactly. Preview
opened it partly. When i ran it through MacLink Plus it turns out it was an
Excel spreadsheet-go figure- and it opened perfectly.
I agree it seems like it might be something else but I would still try
MacLink Plus because even if you drag and drop onto different apps like
someone suggested it might partly open it but not completely. Of course, the
person could always call the store and ask what kind of file it might be, if
that is practical.
It would be interesting to know exactly what it is, i am intrigued :)
Terry