[X4U] Boo to Safari 3.1

M.Milligan railfan at telus.net
Tue Mar 18 08:08:07 PDT 2008

So I rec'd an email about the "new improved upgrade" at Apple for
Safari 3.1. I upgrade it smoothly and seamlessly as usual.

Now I like to listen to Sirius via my computer each morning when I
work on it. Whenever I listened to Sirius, I received a msg stating I
didn't have a plug in to listen to Sirius directly through the Safari
software, but Sirius would use Windows Media player. And that was OK
with me, it worked flawlessly.

Now, with Safari 3.1, that's not the case. I get an error msg saying I
don't have a MIME plug in in Safari, and no message saying Safari 3.1
will use Windows or Quicktime media player.

I look at the Sirius music player, it's receiving, but no music is
forthcoming.

I called the folks at Apple Canada's tech line and it was suggested I
drop back to Safari 3.0.2 or download Firefox.

Anyone have any idea of how I can get around this. Is this a new bug
in Safari 3.1?

Constructive advice is greatly appreciated.

Murray, not listening to Sirius in Medicine Hat, AB