[X4U] converting dvd's

B. Kuestner kuestner at macnews.de
Mon Mar 24 09:58:18 PDT 2008

Your request puts the focus on the region. But the encoding might be
an issue, too.

If you have an old CRT TV, it will hardly handle PAL unless your DVD-
player can output PAL-DVDs as NTSC. If you use a flat screen, I
assume the TV will not really care, since it must convert internally
the signal anyway and I expect (but don't know) that modern LCD TVs
all have electronics that copes with both NTSC and PAL input.

If that isn't the case, then Toast 8 and upwards can transcode afaik.
But there's a quality loss involved and it will take a long time to
transcode.

Björn