[X4U] Installation despite dead PB CD player

n netkat at comcast.net
Sun Mar 30 17:12:51 PDT 2008

I have a pismo whose CD player might have gone belly up.
This machine really thrives on Panther, but my other Macs do not
support Panther, and I'm trying to figure out how I can do things like
run disk utilities on the pismo  from another disk, or eventually to
re-install the OS or other CD based software.

any thoughts?  I know that I can reboot the pismo in Target mode, but
then how to get  around my other macs' lack of Panther support?

thnk you!