[X4U] Migration question

J Vansickle gmajudi at gmail.com
Thu May 1 16:29:37 PDT 2008

My granddaughter has my old G3 iBook (900Mhz) and the logic board finally
gave up, so she is getting my G4 ibook (1.2 GHz), both running Panther. I
think I have already pulled the most important items to my iMac as backup
while I was testing the ibook, but started thinking that there must be an
easier and safer way to get everything to the G4. Since I never upgraded my
G4 to Tiger so I don't have migration assistant available (if it would even
work in target disk mode, I don't know).

Somehow she ended up with two user accounts and has pictures, music and
documents in both. Is my only option going through every file on both
accounts and doing the old drag and drop? Also how do I know which Library
items need to be copied, other than the itunes.

Thanks for any clarification in advance
Judi V