[X4U] Mozy backup service referrals seem a nifty idea

Jamie Kahn Genet lists at wizardling.geek.nz
Fri May 2 18:03:30 PDT 2008

And boy does that subject make this sound like SPAM! :-D

But seriously - anyone want me to say you referred me and get the free
extra backup space? Anyone kind enough to want to say I referred you
(see below for my details and how this works)?

I'm going to try out the free version of Mozy <http://mozy.com/home>
over the course of the month and will report back my experiences
(which will determine whether I take the plunge for the full version)
if you guys like.

Help your Friends

Get an extra gigabyte for every 4 people you refer to Mozy.

You're protecting your data with Mozy - why not invite your friends
and family to do the same? If their hard drives crash, and they find
out you didn't fill them in on Mozy, it won't be a good scene.

It's easy.

Just copy and paste the following URL in an email to the people you'd
like to invite to use Mozy:

https://mozy.com/?ref=2UQHB5

For every person that clicks on that link and starts using Mozy*,
you'll both get another 256MB of free backup space. That's right, you
get extra space, and so do they. That's 1GB of free space for every
four people! (We have powerful computers here that can do that sort of
math.) For a limited time, there is no limit on the free space you can
get.

It's as easy as that.

Alternatively, you can tell people to enter your referral code -
2UQHB5 - or your email address - jamiekg at wizardling.geek.nz - during
the registration process.

Return to Registration

* You will be credited with your free space when the user actually
performs a backup with Mozy. We want people to, you know, actually use
it, right?