[X4U] Mail account--can't get rid of it

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Wed May 7 10:48:05 PDT 2008

I have an iMac and a MacBook.  My wife and I each have a home user
account/login. We share the Address Book data by having all four
"accounts" (one each on each machine) set to synchronize data via .Mac.

No matter how many times I delete com.apple.mail.plist in ~/library/
preferences  and ~/library/Mail, and delete the account in her Mail
preferences, and make sure that System Prefs-->.Mac-->Sync--> "Mail
Accounts" is unchecked on her accounts, every time we start up Mail in
her account, my .Mac address information is still in there.  (She uses
AOL webmail for her own email).

Anybody have any ideas as to whether there is another location in the
System folder where those preferences are kept/backed up? Obviously,
something is repopulating those preferences each time.

Thanks :-)