[X4U] world adapter kit

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Tue May 13 14:27:43 PDT 2008

On May 13, 2008, at 3:42 PM, Jon Warms wrote:

> On 9 May 2008 Ed Gould wrote:
>
>> I am *NOT* an expert in this area... but I think the main issue is 50
>> vs 60 cycles. The 110 and 220 is easily done (like you said) a flip
>> of a switch (provided there is on).
>>
>> Ed
>
> Frequency is not a problem with any computer (that I'm aware of).
> All of Apple's specs show 50-60 cycles.
>
> In any event, every converter I've ever seen for international
> travel converts voltage and adapts prongs only. The converters, be
> they transformers or solid state, just convert the voltage.
> Frequency isn't an issue
> today with any electronic gear (of course, AFAIK).
>
> Jon

Jon,

You (and others might be correct). I was going on information from 40
years ago. Items back then might not have been converted easily (60
to 50) cycles. I remember rather large copper colored boxes (16" by
8" by 6" or larger) boxes that heated up excessively for use with
appliances brought over from the US to Germany. Maybe computer makers
have figured out the technical issues to make the boxes obsolete by now.

Ed