[X4U] How much can it cost

Dave B DaveB_Lists_1004 at gto.net
Sat May 31 06:47:22 PDT 2008

I agree that such a small and relatively insignificant item shouldn't
be the cause of such frustration, but this mode of operation is in
keeping with Apple hardware philosophy. It either works or it doesn't.
Similar to the RAM test that is done at start-up. If the RAM fails,
the machine won't boot.

Better to have a machine that won't boot than one that does, and lets
you get half way into a [presentation, document, video, whatever] then
freezes. I'd rather be frustrated with a 'broken' computer than
standing in front of the Board of Directors with a crashed computer...

Dave

--
I picked up a Magic 8 Ball the other day and it said "Outlook not so
good."