[X4U] New Trojan threatens Macs with installer...

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 20 11:47:35 PST 2008

On Nov 19, 2008, at 2:34 PM, Kirk McElhearn wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2008, at 9:31 PM, Paul Moortgat wrote:
>
>> It's kind of telling the truth and then selling their stuff to
>> counter it.  Not to alarm people to buy their stuff unnecessary.
>
> So you're saying they're not telling the truth? And the other
> companies who later announced the same thing are lying too?
>

> Kirk

I will toss my .02 in here (if that means anything). There is, IMO, a
bit of animosity going on here and there are secret agendas as well.
Microsoft is behind part of this as they are tired of hearing about
MS issues and viruses so they want to make it appear as a "BIG" issue
of MAC's as well. There is also some of the legendary anti (both MS
AND MAC) hate going on.
You just have to be careful and look at histories in these
announcements some companies have am agenda to sell their wares and
they are over inflating any reports just to sell their product(s).
There are *MULTIPLE* agendas and you have to be suspicious  of
anyone. Its a complicated game and as usual it always "DEPENDS".  It
is (IMO) like political scandal (take your pick as to which one) you
have to sit back and look at the players and the histories of ALL
sides before you can make an intelligent decision. I will not delve
further into any specific current topic as its up to the user to
decide what is suspect(and its off topic). When it comes to corporate/
political issues it is almost never black and white so sit back and
read a lot and read what the real independent people have to say and
then make up your own mind.

Ed