[X4U] Application Folder - Permissions for unknown user

John Erdman jperdman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 13:44:14 PST 2008

Thanks. You've lowered my anxiety quotient considerably.  Was really
surprised at how many "users" were identified in the dscacheutil
command. The "unknown" was there just as you suggested with the same
UID and GID.

This at the edge of my need to know but I'll search further and longer
at the Apple discussion group The first 5 minutes didn't turn up much
useful.... except to note that others have observed the same thing.

BTW my installation is a pristine Leopard install. And I used the
migration assistant.

John