[X4U] Finder Question

Bill Bauldry BauldryWC at appstate.edu
Fri Nov 21 09:07:14 PST 2008

Ed,

Here's a way to get a list of duplicate files without too much trouble:

	1. Follow the procedure to get the smart-folder with all 10k files
listed
	2. Do a 'select-all' in the smart-folder
	3. Launch the text editor TextWranger (it's fantastic and free!)
	4. Paste the file list into a blank text document
	5. Choose "Process Duplicate Lines" from the "Text" menu
	6. Click the "Duplicates to new document" check-box in the dialog
that comes up.

All names that are duplicates will show up in a new window in
TextWrangler.

Good luck,
Bill
William C Bauldry, PhD