[X4U] Can Apple's Mail pick up GMail?

Christopher Rob JONES christopher.rob.jones at cern.ch
Wed Oct 1 01:02:36 PDT 2008

Linda wrote:
> On 9/30/08 12:58 PM, Doug McNutt wrote:
>
>> A problem with IMAP is attached files.
>
> Thanks for mentioning this, Doug. Most of my work comes and goes via
> attachments to email, so this observation of yours is the final nail in the
> coffin. I appreciate your mentioning it.

I disagree with Doug. I have used imap for years and use atachments all
the time. No problems what so ever...

For me, the question of if IMAP is useful to you boils down to one
question - Have you ever been in front of machine X and needed to read
an email, but cannot since you downloaded it via POP to machine Y ? If
yes, then IMAP is for you. If not, then I doubt imap will be any use to you.

Chris