[X4U] Can Apple's Mail pick up GMail?

Linda xpressobean at mac.com
Wed Oct 1 15:47:41 PDT 2008

On 10/1/08 6:47 AM, Christopher Rob JONES wrote:

> Do you ever delete or move email ? If so than IMAP also synchronises all
> these actions. *Anything* you do to your email on machine, will be
> reflected on all others.

My email is filed by rules into the appropriate folders as it comes in, so I
almost never have to move it myself. I do a lot of deleting on my PowerBook
because I know I have it stored on my G5, which might further be a problem
with IMAP if it meant that those emails would also be deleted from the mail
stored on the G5.

Different strokes for different folks, I can surely see that now!

All this aside, I'd be curious to hear from the *original* poster to see if
he managed to get his Gmail onto two different computers using "recent"
mode, or whether he switched to IMAP.

~Linda