[X4U] New ITUNES Feature - Question

John Masters johnmasters at me.com
Sun Oct 5 04:05:15 PDT 2008

On 5 Oct 2008, at 06:34, Ed Gould wrote:

> Tonight I got a indication that there was a new ITUNES version
> available.
>
> The best that I can figure out it has a new feature called  "Genius"
>
> I have bought music from the APPLE ITUNES store before and I have an
> account (which it put in the information into the itunes account for
> me).
>
> I click continue and it insists that (at least I think) that I also
> have an AOL account password (which I wouldn't go near AOL for
> *ANYTHING*).
>
> So is this a new requirement? If not how do I get past this apparent
> bug?
>
> Ed

IIRC you can select either your Apple account OR an AOL account;
whichever you use to access the store. I too steer well clear of AOL.

The Genius feature is quite useful for generating a quick playlist.
Just select a track and click the genius button at the bottom and you
get a playlist of tracks in your library with a similar style to your
selection. I quite like it.

Regards, John
johnmasters at me.com