[X4U] Damn Comcast

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Mon Oct 6 09:39:53 PDT 2008

At 12:24 PM -0400, 10/6/08, wilkinw wrote:

>So even thought it's disabled and I haven't done the changes that
>have been recommended yet, how come my mail is still going thru?

They are doing a filtered Port 25. Those SMTP mail servers that work
are on their white list. Typical 'white listed' ISPs are ones like,
gmail, yahoo, aol, etc. Any known and trusted SMTP server can be put
on the list. Some SMTP servers get on the list based on the number of
complainers that your ISP might hear from. Apparently mac.com or
me.com are white listed. Others, like ameeti.net might not be white
listed.
--

Robert Ameeti

Middle age is when it takes longer to rest than to get tired.