[X4U] Can Apple's Mail pick up GMail?

Aron S.Spencer aron at r8ix.com
Mon Oct 6 17:15:01 PDT 2008

Specifically, POP servers have a harder time with the volume; when you
leave mail on the server, it has to check each message to see its read/
unread status relative to your machine (which means a back and forth
communication for each message). I use to do it, but it got really
slow checking mail when there were more than a dozen or so read
messages on the server.
IMAP avoids this problem, since it is designed from the ground up to
be server based.