[X4U] Damn Comcast

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Sat Oct 11 06:03:43 PDT 2008

Charles wrote:

>Hi Daly, I should have mentioned I'm getting into this thread late.
>In Loepard's Mail 3.5, when I navigate to
>Preferences/Accounts/Charter/SMTP Server/Edit Server List/Advanced,
>the option to use the default ports (25, 465, 587) is already
>ticked.  Do I need to choose "Use Custom port" and enter 587?  What
>about "Use SSL" and "Authentication"?

I don't really know. I think if I had that problem, I would at least
try setting it to 587 alone, to see if that worked.

As for SSL and Authentication, I think that's something your provider
has to tell you. But I know that at times I have just tried different
combinations for people, until I found one that worked.  If their
servers require authentication, their tech support people should be
able to tell you so. Do they have a web site that shows how to
configure email clients?

Daly