[X4U] Trying to get a Mac Laptop approved - Part 1

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 16 15:41:36 PDT 2008

On Oct 16, 2008, at 2:12 PM, Earle Jones wrote:

> On Oct 16, 2008, at 11:42 AM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>
>>> I have copied the response from my company's IT Manager.  He has
>>> refused my request for my laptop replacement to be a Mac.  You'll
>>> see
>>> that many of his reasons are baseless but I'm not sure how to
>>> respond.  Any help would be appreciated.  I do need to use
>>> Outlook and
>>> some other Windoze specific applications but that should be fine
>>> with
>>> BootCamp or Parallels.  I remember there were some web sites that
>>> have
>>> info to help refute reasons like the ones I was given but I can't
>>> seem
>>> to locate any recent ones.
>>
>> Actually I'd say he provided you with very good reasons to refuse
>> your
>> request.  My question is why you think you need a Mac laptop for
>> work?  What
>> is your justification?  What is the business need?
>>
>> Zane

Earl:

I have been in a similar boat as you have. It is just not worth the
hassle of fighting it, IMO.
The IT people have MS burned into their brain and nothing short of a
lobotomy is going to change it.
I didn't like it but was powerless to fight it. I have a whole story
which I am sure the others do not want to hear.
I ended up fighting and fighting this whole MS issue and eventually
got laid off from the job so its not worth the fight.
Ed