[X4U] Trying to get a Mac Laptop approved

Ken Schneider ken at schneider.net
Fri Oct 17 09:59:39 PDT 2008

> I'd love to know what your company is selling in to other
> organizations' graphics departments which may be running Apple Macs
> but is such that your company doesn't need to test / have some
> knowledge of your devices ability to work in an Apple Mac environment.
> Seriously, what is it?

The products are professional and broadcast HD/SD video equipment.
You would find this stuff in TV stations, mobile production trucks,
rental companies, studios, etc.  It uses a real-time embedded OS so
the equipment itself does not use Windoze, Linux or Mac OS.  However
you can import graphic files from Macs or PCs via USB or FTP or a home-
grown application that runs only under Windoze.  Since most graphic
departments in TV stations are Mac-based, I think it's a good idea to
go in there with a Mac laptop so show the home-grown app running on
BootCamp or Parallels.  Sometimes there are import problems and I'll
need to troubleshoot why the Mac files aren't working when transferred
over.

So having a Mac in the field would be an advantage for me.  When
connected to the company network I can be running BootCamp or
Parallels.  When troubleshooting I could have a laptop that can run in
both the Mac and Windoze environments.  I thought it would be as
simple as that.  However IT doesn't see it like that.

Thanks,

-= Ken =-