[X4U] Trying to get a Mac Laptop approved

Conlon Brett brettnlis at bigpond.com
Fri Oct 17 14:56:56 PDT 2008

I can't vouch for your business need and I highly agree and recommend
you write your own business needs list and get your manager on board.

What I want to add to the mix is that there are a number of us here at
FujiXerox Aust. who are running dual boot setups on Mac laptops -
without any problems on the PC network.

Our PC guy has embraced the Mac community and while he's not able to
support us Mac users anywhere near as well as the PC users he's
willing to help us in any way he can. We Mac users often support
ourselves anyway.

Try pitching to your IT guy that this can only be good for his IT
skillset. There are a growing number of companies out there who are
advertising IT related jobs and many of them are either requiring Mac
support experience or   that having them is an advantage. Appeal to
his narcissism.

Anyway, I wish you luck!

Cheers,

Cojcolds