[X4U] Can't set MS Word as the default

Linda xpressobean at mac.com
Fri Oct 24 11:14:07 PDT 2008

On 10/24/08 12:51 PM, Terence Cozad wrote:

> I would suggest running Disk Utility in your Utility folder and fixing
> permissions. You can also use the program ONYX that can repair permissions
> and does a bunch of other things, including verifying the directory (but
> does not fix it), cleans the cache.

If that doesn't fix it, Disk Warrior might. Many of the errors that Disk
Warrior fixes when I run it are "custom icon" repairs.

I wonder if you installed your Fusion/Windows environment after you
installed Word on your Mac. Macs have a way of remembering the most recent
software installed, which might be why WordPad is the app that shows up.

The files you're having trouble with aren't on a  Windows partition, are
they?