[X4U] Screwy Mac mini

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Thu Oct 30 17:38:50 PDT 2008

On Oct 30, 2008, at 1:03 PM, Joe Sporleder wrote:

> We've got an Intel Mac mini, 2 GB of RAM, running MacOS X 10.4.11.
> It is primarily used as a basic Internet machine, plus iCal. It has
> difficulty shutting down. When ever I tell it to shutdown or
> restart directly through the Finder or via Remote Desktop, it
> simply restarts the Finder, instead of restarting or shutting down
> the machine. Anyone ever seen this kind of behavior before, and
> what could be the problem and solution?

I've seen this caused by a problem with one's iDisk.

I've also seen this caused by an application or process that cancels
shutdown.  You might want to run Activity Monitor and see what is
running after the failed shutdown.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html