[X4U] Time Machine Question

Joe Sporleder joe at wacondatrader.com
Fri Oct 31 06:30:23 PDT 2008

A MacOS X Server has to be running Leopard to be used as a Time
Machine backup location, correct? My Tiger Server on an old PowerMac
G5 is working great - mainly file serving and email, and very, very
little web serving. I got a refurbished Time Capsule that works great
with the one laptop already upgraded to Leopard, but wondering what my
options should be as I upgrade 6 other workstations to Leopard over
the next few months. I'm not sure I'm ready to upgrade the Server to
Leopard, as I've heard about too many problems. Can the USB port on
the Time Capsule be used to expand storage for Time Machine, or is
that meant for printers?

Joe