[X4U] Question on Mail Behavior

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 28 08:05:24 PDT 2008

On Sep 28, 2008, at 2:01 AM, Randy B. Singer wrote:

> Lots of folks are having this problem.  The best  explanation I've
> heard is that Mail is sending the password before Comcast's server
> is ready  to receive it.
>
> I don't know how to get around this if you aren't present.  I've
> personally been able to get around it by clicking on Cancel and
> trying again.  If you could come up with a program that
> automatically clicked on Okay, and which allowed Mail to try again,
> that might work.  Okay, Okay did this for OS 9, but I don't know of
> a program that will do this for OS X.
>
> What I recommend is that you turn off Mail's auto-download feature
> while you are away and retrieve your e-mail when you get back.  In
> the meantime you can check your e-mail via Comcast's Webmail
> interface.

Randy:

Thanks for the good information. The "problem" is that I will be the
hospital and have zero access to the internet. I will not be able to
use the web interface at all and I get literally 300+ emails a day so
just turning off the mail is not really an option for me. The
hospital stay will be about 4 weeks which really complicates the
issue. The last time I was away for about 12 weeks and of course
(IIRC) I was on OS9 and the system was rock solid during my absence.

Have you heard if COMCAST or APPLE is working on address the issue?
If you know the COMCAST ticket number I might be able to put my name
on the list for interested parties.

Ed