[X4U] help with problem

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon Sep 29 22:47:30 PDT 2008

On Sep 29, 2008, at 9:32 PM, redbud at dcn.org wrote:

> thanks tho I had done most of that. did get another 30 mb but must
> find more to shed.

You can quickly regain about 1GB of free space or more by getting rid
of unneeded language resources with:

Monolingual (free)
http://monolingual.sourceforge.net/

I also recommend that you run:

Cache Out X  (Free)
http://www.trilateralsystems.com/CacheOutX/

MacJanitor (Free)
http://personalpages.tds.net/~brian_hill/macjanitor.html

You can find out what is filling up your hard drive with:

DiskInventory X (free)
http://www.derlien.com/

GrandPerspective (free)
http://grandperspectiv.sourceforge.net/

I have a couple of questions.  Did you have several gigabytes of free
space, and did you suddenly find it gone in the span of just a day or
two?  Or has this been building up slowly over time?

Do you use .Mac/Me.com  and the iDisk feature?

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html