[X4U] Apple Mail Queston

Rod Buchanan lists at sofstats.com
Wed Apr 1 11:40:14 PDT 2009

On Apr 1, 2009, at 11:19 AM, Wendy S. Austin wrote:

> On 01/04/2009, at 4:05 PM, Rod Buchanan wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of a keyboard shortcut or menu option to turn the
>> preview pane on/off in Apple's Mail.app?  I've searched menus and
>> help and can't find one.
>
> I hope I understand you correctly.   If you just drag that small dot
> in the middle of the panes, you can get rid of the preview and have
> a single page.   I thought there was a preference for it somewhere
> but I cannot find it.

I know about double-clicking or dragging the divider, I'm just
wondering if there is way to do it w/o using the mouse.

On a lark I fired up Script Editor and I see in Mail's dictionary

	preview pane is visible (boolean) : Controls whether the preview pane
of the message viewer window is visible or not

Maybe I could use AppleScript?  If so I'd appreciate help from any
AppleScript guru's out there. :)

--
Rod

"I have a 72-hour rule. If I stay in Washington for more than 72
hours, I have to bathe myself in the same stuff I use when one of my
dogs gets into a fight with a skunk -- stuff to get the smell out."
-- Gov. Brian Schweitzer, Montana