[X4U] Creation/Modified date of Mail attachments

Jeff Carruthers jeff at carruthers.com
Thu Apr 2 08:59:25 PDT 2009

On Apr 2, 2009, at 12:28 AM, Mark Des Cotes wrote:

> Nope, In Word it still shows the time I saved the attachment. as
> Created and Modified. However it does show Feb 5th as last time it
> was printed. Anyone know why the Created/Modified time is lost in an
> e-mail attachment?
>

>>> Mark: open each in Word but don't save it. Then go to Properties
>>> under the File menu and it should show you when it was created and
>>> when it was last modified.
>> Jeff

Mark: can you go back to the originating e-mail and open (but not
save) the documents in question? In my experience, Word files sent as
attachments in Mail do include the data you are looking for. But, of
course, as soon as you save the document, the information listed under
Properties is updated.

Good luck.

Jeff

J-K Carruthers Limited          Tel: 613-278-0390
678 2nd Concession N. Sherbrooke, RR1   Fax: 613-278-2929
McDonalds Corners, ON K0G 1M0      cell: 613-720-2350
www.carruthers.com                          e-mail: jeff at carruthers.com
Publishing Orders in Council for more than 25 years