[X4U] Set list view permanently (was: Is there a way to make ...)

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Tue Apr 7 00:09:34 PDT 2009

On 4/5/09, Ed Gould <edgould1948 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Is there a way to make the finder default when opening a folder to show in
>list view?
> I am finding it a PITA to have to go in and change it each time I open a new
>folder.
> I *THOUGHT* there was a way as it seemed to work this way on most
> folders before I trashed the finder preferences.

Put a current window into list view (I'm assuming that you're running Leopard),
CMD+J, click on the always show in list view and click on the Use as Defaults.
Now this and all subsequent windows you haven't opened will pop up in list
view. You'll have to reset any other window you previously opened into list
view and click the top level option.