[X4U] Finder default view-Was "Is there a....."

John Drake jdljm at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 7 04:54:29 PDT 2009

I'm having a similar problem in that the main finder view always defaults to Icon view, but when I select a folder it comes up in Column view which is the default setting I've chosen. Time and time again I go through this and it always reverts, someday it'll stick.
To elaborate on Neil Laubenthal's instructions:
1. Open the new finder window - while in Finder select from the File drop down.
2. When the new window opens - click on the "Gear" button, select "Show View Options".
3. Make sure you have checked/unchecked any appropriate box for your preference.
4. Select your preferred viewing option from the four buttons at the top of the new window.
5. Close the window. (Offer a sacrifice to the gods of all things OS - you know an old memory stick or any dead electronic item you've not gotten around to trashing/recycling, not that we're superstitious or anything)