[X4U] Finder default view-Was "Is there a....."

John Drake jdljm at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 7 10:51:22 PDT 2009

Ed, when you click on your desktop, best to do this with all folders/apps closed, you'll be in the Finder.

Then in the main toolbar, next to the Apple logo you'll see:

Finder  File  Edit  View  Go  Window  Help

........click on File and a drop down menu appears.

Select: New Finder Window from that menu.

Then select View from the main toolbar, at the bottom of that drop down you'll see: Show view options (you can also get this menu by clicking on the button with the gear icon)
If you want all your windows to have the same view be sure to select: All Windows.
I just logged in to my G4 running 10.4.11 to verify these steps.