[X4U] Mac versus Windows

zapcat zapcat at speakeasy.net
Tue Apr 14 12:45:58 PDT 2009

I have several friends and clients who are not upgrading. Not a
scientific market analysis, but, judging from reports that CS4 sales
were "disappointing," I'd say there's a sizable crowd not forking
over for this expensive bug fest.

Much of what I do is 2-D but more of my work is in video and 3D, and
I'm more than  happy using an older version of PS, or Gimp, or any of
the other fine offerings based on Core Image, which cut wood just fine.

One thing is certain: I *will not* sink $1700 into adobe's collection
of apps, especially after having seen first-hand and on a daily basis
how lousy it is. I remember when Adobe made truly great software, and
there was none of this lack of backward-compatiblity malarkey...

Somehow, the Earth managed to rotate on its axis..

zc