Subject: Re: [X4U] Widgets? - Unrelated

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Wed Apr 15 17:01:49 PDT 2009

Jim Robertson wrote:

>>If I could bring up ONE and have it stay in an unobtrusive or unused corner
>>of my screen until I had no more use to it while continuing my other work,
>>I'd be much more of a Widgets fan.

>>Anyone disagree with that?

Yes, because it is so easy to have just one stay on your Desktop if
you wish. Press F12 to bring up widgets. Find the one you want on
your Desktop. Click and hold on it and start to move it to a space on
your Desktop. With the mouse button still down, press F12 again, and
drop it. The other widgets disappear and the one you dragged stays on
the Desktop

If that doesn't happen, you have a quick one-time setting to make in
Terminal. Actually, the whole process is described at the following
web site, including the equally simple method of restoring it to the
Dashboard when you are through with it.

<http://www.askdavetaylor.com/dashboard_widgets_on_my_mac_os_x_desktop.html>

Daly