[X4U] Re: X4U] Re:mac mini (2009) and applecare

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Thu Apr 16 16:53:54 PDT 2009

On 4/16/09, Ray <speedyrjax at gmail.com> wrote:

>> does this void the possibility of getting applecare at a later date?
>
>> is applecare worth it on a mini, since it costs roughly a third of the
>> price of the computer (chf 229.- /  chf 799.-)
>
> All of the replies so far have related to Applecare costs. I, too,
> would like the answer to the first question?

IIRC, you can add AppleCare anytime within the first year to extend the
warranty. A simple google search for AppleCare brings up among many other hits:
<http://www.apple.com/support/products/proplan.html>. If you're query relates
to opening up the Mac mini, one could ascertain from this excerpt from its
manual, that if you damage anything, it isn't covered:

"Do Not Make Repairs Yourself
Your Mac mini doesn't have any user-serviceable parts. Do not attempt to open
your Mac mini. If your Mac mini needs service, consult the service and support
information that came with your computer for instructions about how to contact
an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple for service.
If you open your Mac mini or install items, you risk damaging your equipment,
and such damage isn't covered by the limited warranty on your Mac mini."