[X4U] IP address on local network

Dave Bonhoff 69abel at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 06:21:52 PDT 2009

You are correct, the end result is essentially the same.

However, from a practical point it is better to leave your Macs set
with their default network settings, and manage the network from the
router. It means not having to changes settings on a notebook every
time it leaves the premises, and being able to manage the network from
one device (that has a decent utility or web interface). These 2
reasons alone are enough for me!

Regards,
Dave