[X4U] Mail.app Scales Graphics and Videos

Linda xpressobean at mac.com
Tue Apr 28 11:52:47 PDT 2009

On 4/28/09 10:58 AM, Randy B. Singer wrote:

> Why?  Have you heard anything about Safari having any effect on Mail?

All over the forums, even on Mac OS X_support Yahoo group to which we both
belong...

<http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20090225001025963>

<http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2665>
> Mail: Issues saving messages or running some rules with Safari 4 Public Beta
installed

<http://www.tuaw.com/2009/02/25/safari-4-beta-a-closer-look/>
> Some Mail.app users are having some hiccups as well. Users of the GrowlMail
> plugin have probably seen some problems, but the fix is easy ... There are
> other reported problems with Mail.app and its interaction with Webkit, the
> browser engine Safari uses.

But, this is the Safari 4 Beta we're talking about, and you say you're not
using it. Did you have it installed at some point?