[X4U] Need shareware replace for YEMUZIP

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 28 22:43:49 PDT 2009

Linda:

Its a LONG story and probably not worth going into details but I will
try from memory.

Using archive is extremely slow and time consuming (for me) I have to
high lite the items to be archived and then wait for OS x to start up
the process. Sometimes as much as 30 seconds. The other issue is that
it creates (not changable from what little I saw) a file called
archive.zip which is sort of OK but if I do another archive it then
creates a archive 2.zip
etc etc.. so when I go back I have NO idea what is in each archive
(only by unarching). If I can name the file when it is created I can
name it what I want.
The people I am sending the zip file to are real novices and they
will not tell me when there is an issue with the zip file so I have
to save them for a few weeks and that mounts up to 200+ gb of disk
space. I send a *LOT* of files.

I did try archive (apples) at first and they had no issue (that they
told me about) but the issue I guess is more on my side because of
the inflexibility of Apples program.

Ed