[X4U] Need shareware replace for YEMUZIP

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 29 12:03:09 PDT 2009

On Apr 29, 2009, at 10:35 AM, John Kiss wrote:

> On Apr 29, 2009, at 1:43 AM, Ed Gould wrote:
>
>> Using archive is extremely slow and time consuming (for me) I have
>> to high lite the items to be archived and then wait for OS x to
>> start up the process. Sometimes as much as 30 seconds.
> Maybe there's something else going on with your computer. I'm
> running a 1.25GH G4 and I can zip a 2.5MB file almost instantaneously.

The process once it starts does go quickly. What I am talking about
is to get OSX to start the process. Especially when you talk about
50-75 (or more files which I do quite often say 10-15 times in an
hour). To me it is quicker to drag and drop the files into an
application (such as YEMUZIP).
I will repeat it once more I am more or less happy with YEMUZIP
except for its' crashing. Then its a PITA as I have to delete the
created file and try it again (it usually works).

Ed