[X4U] Apple news from Europe

zapcat zapcat at speakeasy.net
Sun Feb 8 16:57:43 PST 2009

On Feb 7, 2009, at 5:24 PM, Daly Jessup wrote:

>> Apple clone from Germany: <https://www.pearc.de>
>> They claim that it's legal under the German law.
>>
>> The Apple share in Belgium is 10.38 and 7.75 in Europe.
>
> It may be legal, but they are awfully ugly to my eye, and I'd
> rather pay more and stay with Apple, personally.  However, I don't
> know German. Maybe they have fantastic features that make them
> worth the risk and the aesthetic compromise?
>
> Daly
> ----------------------
the aesthetics of apple gear is only part of it. when you are working
hard on your work, are you seriously looking at your apple rig, one
hand on the mouse, the other hand deep in your pants, thinking "Oh,
how COOL this thing looks?"

NO!

You're thinking how well it all works. How smoothly. How free of bugs
and quirks that trip you up every third molecule.

The fine industrial design pulls you in, but the peerless
functionality is what makes you STAY.

zc