[X4U] Item in MACWORLD on iLife09

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 13 09:56:15 PST 2009

Jessup:

On Feb 13, 2009, at 8:06 AM, Daly Jessup wrote:

> Ed Gould wrote:
>
>> In prior versions of iLife, each program included a Getting
>> Started PDF that you could view via an entry in the Help menu. In
>> iLife '09, that menu entry has vanished from every program in the
>> suite, except for <http://www.macworld.com/article/138701/2009/02/
>> garageband09.html>GarageBand.
>>
>> Does anyone else, see this as distressing?
>
> Not really, because there is good Help in each application, and how-
> to videos and tutorials for alll applications. <http://
> www.apple.com/ilife/tutorials/#iphoto>

I am currently running an older version of ILIFE and find the help
less than lets say helpful. Several times I have looked (and read)
for 30 minutes (several different times) and came up empty handed. I
am lucky I have a guy I can call for questions. A typical mac person
does not have access to a knowledgeable person. Right now I have a
pages document that when I go to print prints out 2 pages for a 1
page document and damned if I can figure out how to get rid of the
2nd page (which is blank).  I can sort of see it but I cannot figure
out how to delete the page.

>>  I mean it is one thing to only send out a PDF but to have to d/l
>> 9GB for information that should have been included in the first
>> place,
>
> What 9 GB are you talking about?

The article talked about 9 GB PDF document(s)  that are the manuals
for the product. I guess I am assuming that they talk about about a
total.
Ed