[X4U] Connecting to FTP server

Mark Des Cotes lists at marksmandesign.ca
Tue Feb 17 09:14:33 PST 2009

Hi all,

I've been trying to figure out how to upload files to an FTP server
using the "Connect to Server..." function of my Mac. I can connect to
the server without a problem and I can download files from it but
when I try to drag a file onto it I get a message saying it can't be
modified. I can upload files to it using Fetch or one of my web site
creation programs, but I was hoping to be able to upload to it
without the use of 3rd party software. I have full access to
administer the FTP site but I don't see anything for me to change. Am
I missing something or is this a limitation of the "Connect to
Server..." function of the Mac?

Mark Des Cotes
Owner-Graphic Designer
Marksman Design