[X4U] Connecting to FTP server

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Tue Feb 17 10:37:21 PST 2009

At 10:46 -0700 2/17/09, Jens Selvig wrote:
>I think it is a built in 'feature' that you can only download.

Truth. And if you upload another way the new file won't show in the
Finder window until you close it and reconnect.

curl is my choice but it requires either Applescripting or a command
line. It's shipped with OS neXt. use
man curl in a Terminal window for all you want to know. The -T option
is what you want. Learn about $HOME/.netrc for your passwords.

As for a GUI, Interarchy is keeping up with the times and I still use
it on OS 9.
--

--> Life begins at ovulation. Ladies should endeavor to get every
young life fertilized. <--