[X4U] rdp remote desktop server for 10.4 Tiger

Jerry K apple.mail.list at oryx.cc
Wed Feb 18 15:38:23 PST 2009

I have need to remote control a Mac OS X 10.4 system from a non-Apple
client.

I am currently doing this using the VNC protocol.  I have tried a couple
  of different servers and VNC clients, and I have found VNC too slow.
Yes, I have tried several tricks to address this, such as solid color
back grounds, reducing colors, etc.

In discussing this with a non-Mac people, it has been suggested to me
that the ms rdp Remote Desktop Protocol, is more efficient, and that if
this option is available, they would expect that I would have much
better performance.

Does such a thing exist? A Yahoo search turns up many RDP based clients,
but I don't see any Remote Desktop servers for the Mac?

TIA,

Jerry