[X4U] Macs Rebound at RAND

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Thu Feb 19 16:49:04 PST 2009

On Feb 19, 2009, at 10:27 AM, Ed Gould wrote:

> The article also mentions one or two disappointments that corporate
> america is running into with Mac.

The biggest disappointment, sadly, is Apple itself.  If you are an IT
manager in a company (even a huge company, that potentially could be
purchasing thousands of Macs), and you attempt to get assistance, or
even just some small bit of information, from Apple, they will
usually spit on you.  As the article states, they no longer even have
a VP in charge of the enterprise.  It's like Apple is saying "keep
your money, we don't want the sales."

Windows has such a huge market share because of the business market.
Apple's market share in the home market is quite high.  Without at
least some minor attention to the business market, I believe that
Apple's overall market share will soon hit a ceiling that it can't
break through.

> All in al a fair article I believe.

The included market share graphs (possibly not created by the author
of the article) don't jibe with the numbers I've heard lately from
the companies whose job it is to track such things, like Gartner.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html