[X4U] Looking for replacement to HOGWASHER

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 20 20:09:14 PST 2009

I have been using HOGWASHER for about 5 years (bit more maybe) and
have had sporadic issue with it. In OS9 it was extremely problematic
in OS X (same version) its record is less than average. This last
weekend it stopped working period. In the past I emailed the author
and got zero support, so even when I shipped him many crashlogs not a
peep. A good friend of mine got it working again but he doesn't know
how/why he got it working other than to move some folders out of its
main folder.

I need to replace it. The functionality of HOGWASHER was VERY good, I
will say that. There was only 1 or 2 features that it did not have
that I could have used and those were a nice to have rather than
mandatory. Can someone suggest a decent replacement for HOGWASHER and
one that is as good as or better than HOGWASHER and that is
reasonably bug free. I would also prefer some sort of support other
than a black hole. Cost is somewhat secondary for a really good
product. I also need to decode all commonly used encoding methods
used on USENET. The other important item is good filtering also good
OS X support.

Thanks,

Ed