[X4U] Safari 4 is faster

John Kiss john.kiss at comcast.net
Thu Feb 26 07:02:47 PST 2009

On Feb 26, 2009, at 9:33 AM, Neil Laubenthal wrote:

> Just wondering before I install the beta . . . does it overwrite the
> existing Safari 3.whatever it is in 10.5.6 or install alongside it
> so that one can remove 4 and/or update it should that be necessary.
> I'm reasonably sure that I don't want to install 4 beta 1 if the
> only way to get rid of it is Time Machine myself back or do an
> archive and install.

The Safari 4 Beta comes as a disk image. This image includes 2
packages - the Safari 4 beta install and an Uninstall package.

The Install package removes Safari 3 and replaces it with Safari 4.
All your bookmarks, etc are retained.

The Uninstall package removes Safari 4 and replaces it with Safari 3.x
leaving you with what you originally started with.

Quick and easy to revert without the need of using Time Machine.