[X4U] Safari have any hidden "benes?"

zapcat zapcat at speakeasy.net
Fri Feb 27 07:51:05 PST 2009

On Feb 27, 2009, at 7:27 AM, Robert Ameeti wrote:

> At 7:17 AM -0800, 2/27/09, zapcat wrote:

>>> Safari 4 is more secure and also more snoopy of its users.
>>

>> Is there anything a person can do on the user side to defeat or
>> reduce that snoopyness?
>
> Use the Safari menu's 'Private Browsing...'.

well that is a good tip..what I'm asking about is more in the "phone
home" category.. I know lots of companies are obsessed with knowing
exactly what we want to buy so that they can shove push data up our
noses or "guide" our internet experience more to their liking.

I'm not saying that Safari takes over; if it did, I'd flush it in a
snap. But I don't want software that reports back to the mother ship
information that I don't offer up myself.

in that regard, I want my browser to be as dumb as an old coffee cup.

zc