[X4U] When did the switch to glossy screens occur?

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Fri Feb 27 21:57:57 PST 2009

On Feb 27, 2009, at 11:42 AM, Crandon David wrote:

> I'm going to buy a used Mac laptop. My only requirements are that
> it is Intel based and does not have the glossy screen of the new
> Mac displays. I want one with the older matte, non-glossy displays.

If you find that you have no choice but to purchase your preferred
Macintosh model with a glossy screen, many users have found this anti-
glare film to be a good solution:

PhotoDon anti-glare film
http://www.photodon.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?
Screen=PROD&Store_Code=P&Product_Code=MXT-MACB13
http://www.photodon.com/p/MXT-MACBP15.html
http://www.photodon.com/c/APL.html

Review:
http://www.macintouch.com/reviews/alumabook/index.html#updates