[X4U] Problems with wireless connection- resolved?

Richard H Stoddard richardstoddard at mac.com
Fri Jan 2 08:28:15 PST 2009

Since posting the below, I may have now identified the source of the
problem. I usually have my iPhone with an active wifi connection
sitting on the desk, or at least close by, when I'm at the computer. If
I turn off the phone's wifi connection, my problem seems to go away. I
was able to maintain my MacBook's connection for over an hour, but when
I turned on my phone's connection, it dropped almost instantly. I
turned the phone connection off, turned AirPort off and on again, and
once again was not having a problem with my laptop's connection. Just
to make sure it wasn't a coincidence, I repeated the test with the same
results.

I hope Apple is able to address this soon with an update to either the
iPhone firmware or OSX.